Wednesday, July 27, 2011

keeping me warm

i'd be lying if i didn't say that a beautiful picture from Shalini hadn't inspired me to want the quietness and the warmth that was so hauntingly portrayed. so, i put on my creativity dupatta and came up with this.

DSC_0012

two glass jars, crystal salt (always found at home to clean the aquarium filter), some pink food colour, tea lights and i sometimes light these up for my solitary breakfasts of tea, toast and rain!

DSC_0013



PS
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ganobristol/5953935778/in/faves-13258962@N07/

PPS
as if we actually wear all those hats :D

3 comments:

Shalini said...

Thank you so much dearie. You're quite an inspiration to me too. For some reason the first pic isn't opening properly for me.....I can only see the top bit. Probably my connection...will come back to check it after a while.

I love how creative you are with the crystal salt and food color. I too want a breakfast of tea, toast and rain, especially the rain part. And yes, sometimes the solitary part too....instead of E tugging at my leg or sitting under my chair and playing peek-a-boo. Ok, that last one is just too irresistible...but can I have some rain?

Shalini said...

Came back to see the first shot....it's gorgeous....especially the curve of the leaf.

Shilpa said...

thank you!

wishing you rain and peek-a-boo.

dozed off while putting the kids to sleep and woke up to the sound of a tap running. turns out, had yet to shut the living room windows and it was the rain, falling heavily and sounding louder in the quiet of the night!